2017 was a good year in film but 2018 looks to be an even better year! Here’s my list for films I’m most looking forward to in 2018.
Honorable Mentions: Dark Phoenix, New Mutants (both X-Men films), Venom, Ocean’s 8, Mary Poppins Returns, and A Quiet Place
10. Ready Player One – I really enjoyed the novel so I’m excited to see what Steven Spielberg’s will do with it.
9. Wreck It Ralph 2 – I only recently saw Wreck It Ralph and I really enjoyed it. Now all the Disney Princess are supposed to make an appearance in the second one and I am here for it.
8. Isle of Dogs – Such a huge fan of Wes Anderson and his unique and quirky style in all his films. Also glad to see him do a stop motion animation film again.
7. Ant-Man and the Wasp – I really liked the first Ant-man. But I am so ready to see more female superheroes and finally see the Wasp put on the costume this time around.
6. Incredibles 2 – The Incredibles is a film I grew up on, but I never really needed a sequel for it. Nevertheless I’m excited to see the family back together again.
5. Deadpool 2 – Loved the first Deadpool and really excited to see what’s in store for the second one especially with new additions of characters like Cable and Domino.
4. A Wrinkle In Time – Excited to see what director Ava DuVernay will bring to the table on this one. It’s been a long time since I read the book, but the visuals look pretty stunning.
3. First Man – Damien Chazelle’s next feature about Neil Armstrong. As a huge fan of both Whiplash and La La Land, I really can’t wait for this one.
2. Black Panther – Super excited for this one especially as a fan of director Ryan Coogler and seeing Black Panther debut in Captain America: Civil War. The practically all African American cast is also something really exciting to see on the big screen in a superhero movie.
1. Avengers: Infinity War – This film looks epic in every sense. We have been building up to this film since the very first Iron Man film in 2008. And I’m really excited (and kinda scared) to see what will happen to all the characters in the MCU we have grown to love over the past 10 years.